Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Something I Cooked!

So...we bought a house, and remodeled the kitchen.
I should use it. I've actually been trying to use it! Thanks to Pinterest I've found lots of recipes that are just my style (easy). One of the first things I made was really just a side dish, but it was yummy and I plan to keep it as part of my cooking repertoire. Green Bean Bacon Bundles! I love bacon AND green beans, so WIN-WIN! The recipe I used is here (from www.howsweeteats.com via Pinterest). I pretty much followed it step by step since, ya know, I am not much of a chef.


So this is how it went down...There were just a few ingredients. (just my style!)



  • Green beans (I don't know exactly how many, however many you need!)
  • Bacon (1 piece per bundle of beans)
  • Garlic
  • Butter
  • Brown Sugar
  • Salt/Pepper
NOTE: Cut the tips off the green beans BEFORE starting! I forgot... we just cut them off after they were cooked. Wrap 6-8 beans per bundle with a strip of bacon. Toss a little salt/pepper on them and set them in baking dish.
Then melt the butter, add chopped garlic and brown sugar and let simmer for a few minutes so all the flavors can mingle.

Pour (or in my case brush and then pour) the butter sauce all over the bean bundles. I wanted to make sure it got inside every nook and cranny!

Bake for around 30 min COVERED with foil and then another 10-15 uncovered to crisp the bacon. I turned it over during the crisping session to get both sides. I don't like soft bacon.
(The recipe didn't say what temp but I guessed at 375 degrees.)

Ta-da! Enjoy! Which we did. One of the first things I have cooked in the new house, and not bad...not bad at all!

Next vegetable dish I want to try? Brussels sprouts!! Scary....



Linking up with some lovely craft/recipe/DIY Linky Parties today!
Keeping It Simple




No comments: